From:
Richard Quillin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 13:01:25 +0000

In a post a few weeks back someone suggested that adding
Knox unflavored gelatin to breads would help with the
crumbling.  Well we have tried it in both our white bread
and our dark bread recipes.  We add it in the dry
ingredients and stir it in.  Then add the wet ingredients.
The breads do not crumble even after two weeks.  We have
crumble free bread for the first time.  Thanks to whomever
suggested it and if you have not tried it - do.

I have been turned on to the Zone books by a friend.   The
Mastering the Zone and Zone Perfect Meals in Minutes contain
a large number of gluten free recipes.  The premise of the
zone is that we started eating grains about 10,000 years ago
and our digestive system has not made the transition yet.
A couple of recipes have oats in them but the rest are all
gluten free.  They have a section on sauces made with corn
starch.   I think it has a lot of good GF recipes.  I found
the books in the local library.
So you  do not need to purchase them to get some great
ideas.
--
Richard Quillin
Pagosa Springs, Co