From:
Emerisle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 07:05:08 -0700

I wrote this company to check up on my generic Zantac (ranitidine) which changed manufacturer's since my last refill.  I offered to post their response if they had a GF list.

BTW, I talked to different people at Walgreens about GF meds and that there is no way to mark my file as celiac.  They were able to figure out how to handwrite it in my file so it appears each time "Gluten free. No wheat starrch."    Turns out Walgreens has a national help desk for the pharrmacy staff who will research such things.  They assured me they would check the GF status of all meds for me.  Yeah! (But I could not resist rechecking myself.....)

Here is the reply from Apotex:

October 27, 2006

Dear Beth:
Thank you for contacting DISpedia, Apotex˘s Drug Information Service, regarding ranitidine HCl Tablets.  Apotex Inc. (including its affiliates) is a gluten-free manufacturer; we do not add gluten to our products. Please note that we do not screen or test our raw materials for trace amounts of gluten and therefore cannot guarantee that there are no trace amounts of gluten in our raw materials. DISpedia is providing you with this material as a professional courtesy. Please note that this information is not intended to replace consultation with your healthcare professional (e.g. physician or pharmacist). If you have any questions regarding this material, we encourage you to discuss them with your healthcare professional, who is most familiar with your medical history.
I hope this information is helpful. Thank you for contacting DISpedia.
Sincerely,
Rajesh Sthankiya, B.Pharm
Drug Information Associate
Case No.: 2006-007390