From:
Kate Mount <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kate Mount <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:34:11 -0500

Thanks for all the responses!  The general consensus seems to be that
Power Bars are NOT GF but that the Gel is GF.  I got several suggestions
for alternatives also. (see Below)

I use some of the EAS low carb and some regular Advantage bars and the
shakes.  Good after I lift or train.

My name is Thom Bradstreet and my wife's is Candice, together we co-
founded a GF/CF food company.  We have developed a brand new product line
of 40/30/30 bars in addition to all of our existing foods (ready to eat
cookies and Mixes).  The bars are certified GF/CF by using the ELISA
standards and very tasting.  Not only are they all GF/CF the are also free
of corn, additives and preservatives, no hydrogenated fats or fillings,
all natural.  They come off the manufacturing line this week. Blueberry
Breakfast Bar, Double Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
Thom Bradstreet
503-682-8733
www.auntcandicefoods.com
Wilsonville OR.

I've given up on the power bars etc....they're really awful   Instead I
carry a small bag of almonds.  Gives me a protein boost and no carbs

I eat the Balance Bars with no problems.  They are not all gluten free but
the chocolate and chocolate mint ones are gluten free.  I eat them daily.

This is Bob Piazza  from the Omega Smart Company, When you get a chance
visit our Web Site Omegasmartbar.com. There you will see information about
our product. It is a wheat free, Gluten free, Whole Food meal replacement
Bar. No additives, no preservatives and Nutritionally Balanced.  We ran an
offer of buy 12 get 1 free this month.. check out the ads on the Sept 1
archives.  Just list the word Listmember in the  Special Instructions area
of the Order Form  to take advantage of our offer.

Thanks again for the help!

Kate in CA