From:
"Julie A. May" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 1995 08:48:40 -0600

>> The flu vacine is NOT safe for celiacs.  It has gluten in it, also if you
>> are allergic to eggs stay away from it.

>Julie-What is your source of information about the gluten in flu vaccine?

My source is my local doctor (Trethart in this case), and the local asthma &
allergy foundation.  I believe there was also a note about it sent to the
Canadian Celiac Association.  Both of my doctors were aware of the eggs, but
only Trethart was aware of the gluten.  Hope this helps.
     Julie May - Administrative Assistant for Orbital OnLine Services
       Owner and operator of Celiac & Environmental Illness WEB pages
                 http://www.orbital.net/~jmay/index.html
                      Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada