Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:56:19 -0800

I made this last evening.  It's easy and doens't require much fuss (the
only way I cook!).  I always cook in large volume so I have leftovers for
lunch the next day, but my family liked this so much, there wasn't much
leftover.  This recipe should serve 8 - 10 "normal" eaters.  [My young
adult sons aren't "normal" eaters.]  I think this recipe could be doubled
& served to a crowd of 15 to 18.  It's a very pretty and appealing meal.

1 bag frozen chicken tenders (2 pounds from Trader Joe's)
1 large bag Flav-R-Rite Grand Gourmet Classics frozen mixed veggies (10
servings -- 32 oz.)
Cooked brown rice (about 2 1/2 cups before cooking)

Sauce:
1 20 oz can crushed pineapple in it's own juice
1 heaping teaspoon corn starch
soy sauce
ketchup
sesame oil
salt
apple cider vinegar (optional)

Start rice in cooker.  Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.  Arrange chicken
pieces (chicken breasts will work fine).  Arrange in single layer in
bottom of two 9 X 13" glass pans.  Put pineapple & corn starch in
blender, add other ingredients to taste.  Blend to mix.  Pour over
chicken pieces.  Bake 15 minutes at 450 then REDUCE HEAT to 350 and bake
30 minutes more.

While chicken bakes, steam or stir fry vegetables according to package
directions.

Serve chicken over hot rice with veggies on side.

~ Valerie in Tacoma

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!