From:
Krystel Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Krystel Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2016 13:28:12 -0500

Just want to give everyone a heads up on our new packaging for our 8oz. Hol Grain Brown Rice Bread Crumbs and Hol Grain Chicken Coating Mix.

We are changing from our traditional canister packaging to a carton. When you see the new packages on the shelf you will not notice much difference as the front of the two cartons has a picture of our old canisters right on them.

I know I am going to get the question...why did you change from the canister to a carton. Answer is simple. The carton costs a lot less, will enable us to package more cases per house and, all in all, make us more efficient. Efficiency on the production line equals being able to keep our selling price down. The savings will enable us to not have any price increases for a while, which is a good thing.

The cartons are also very attractive and gives us more room to print recipes and other information about the Bread Crumbs and Chicken Coating. The Tempura product will also be changing to a carton once we have used up the existing inventory.

We do not make these kinds of changes without a lot of forethought going into them. Will the new carton take more room on the grocery shelf? NO, takes the same amount of space.

Will the new package keep the product as fresh? YES, we think it will stay fresher longer as the inner pouch in the carton is flushed with inert CO2, then hermetically sealed. This keeps the product as fresh as the day we made it.

Will the new package confuse our loyal customers? MAYBE, but most likely not, as the front of the carton is a large photo of the old canister, and looks pretty good too.

The best thing the new carton does for us is to help keep the cost of the products from going up. We are really on a quest right now on how to keep our retail prices as low as possible.

I know a lot of fancy economists think the economy is moving along ok, but take it from me, it is NOT. There are a lot of folks hurting out there and watching how they spend every dollar. Maybe it is the election year cycle we are going through. I don't really know, but we are going to do our part to not raise the cost of your food to the best of our ability.

You will note on the new packaging we continue to be Certified Gluten Free, Verified NON GMO and Star K Kosher.

Be assured while we are doing our best to cut costs we are not going to lower our standards or take any short cuts in the manufacturing process. Your trust in our old rice mill and our products is the most valuable thing we possess.

Thanks for your continued support.

Mike Davis

President/Owner

Conrad Rice Mill, Inc.