From:
Sylvia Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:10:48 +1000

Thank you to the 27 people who responded to my question which was about the
reactions I get, not only to gluten but to other substances of which I am
quickly developing many allergies.

Suggestions were given for homeopathic medication, one suggested I get
tested for coeliac's disease - I am already diagnosed - another suggested I
may have a wheat allergy - already figured that out - also to have my liver
checked - already done that and it is okay - and another one mentioned
dermatomyositis.  There was a further recommendation to be tested for DH -
my GP has already noted that these reactions have only occurred since going
GF, and he is of the opinion that as the skin is the largest organ we have,
my body is using it to rid itself of toxins and I am being treated for the
itches and rashes. I just wondered if anybody else reacted in the same way.

10 people indicated that they get the same reactions, 1 only gets it from
MSG - I have always been allergic to that stuff - 1 gets itchy feet, 1 gets
red hands, and 1 has bloating and gas.

Several people on the Australian list also indicated they get the same
reaction but had not connected to an accidental ingestion of gluten or some
other allergy.

One lady mentioned that her hands go from bright red to hot to blue.  I
accidently deleted your email so cannot reply to you in person, but I would
suggest you get checked out for Raynard's disease.

Many thanks, and it is nice to know that I am not alone in experiencing
these slightly different reactions.  Thank you also for the words of
encouragement.

Regards,
Sylvia,
Gladstone...Qld...Australia.