From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 1995 17:50:16 -0400

I stopped by the Little India section here in NYC to see who would ship mail
order. The two stores I visited both said they would. Both stores, however,
are importers and buy some things in bulk and then repackage in smaller
sizes. Both sell wholesale and retail. The first store listed said they
cleaned the machine thoroughly between items.

Sinha Trading Co., Inc.
(d/b/a Foods of India)
121 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY  10016-8122
212-683-4419
212-251-0946 (fax)

He said they had a catalog but none in the store and they'd mail a catalog
from their main location if I left my address. He said shipping was
expensive and he was surprised that people didn't have an Indian store near
them. Apparently they have many stores nationwide and he said something
about three in Texas. Gram flour, and several other bean flours, were in
packages that had been packaged in India and had not been subpackaged by
them. The claim on their card: "We stock everything Indian you can think of".

Kalustyan's
(K. Kalustyan Orient Expert Trading Corporation)
123 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY  10016
212-685-3451
212-683-8485 (fax)

They had no catalog but their card states that they ship mail order to
Canada, Overseas, and everywhere in the U.S.A. They are importers,
exporters, packagers and distributors of selected Indian and Middle Eastern
foods.

A third store in the neighborhood is:

Little India Stores, Inc.
128 East 28th Street