From:
Chris Hanisco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Hanisco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:18:46 -0500

I just wanted to let those of you in the MA / NH area that I had lunch at
the Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse in Salem, NH the other day and they were very
understanding of my needs.

I was worried there might be a language barrier, but the manager was very
accommodating and he made sure our chef knew exactly what I could and
couldn't have. I ordered a teriyaki dish with veggies, chicken, steak, and
shrimp. The only thing I had to omit was the soy sauce, but was able to eat
the ginger sauce and hot mustard without any problems. The chef asked me
each time he added something to the grill, if it was okay for me to eat
(beansprouts, sesame seeds), and he served me my rice and meat before adding
the soy sauce on the grill for the others in our party. I had a wonderful
lunch with no reactions! It was great and I am so happy to add them to my
restaurant list. They are located in the same plaza as Chili's on Rte. 28 a
little bit south of the mall road.

Mind you, I don't know if there was vinegar in the hot mustard, or gluten in
the broth of the soup they gave me, but I didn't have any problems at all. I
used to be quite sensitive to gluten, but now that I've been on the diet for
several months, my sensitivity isn't as great. So, take this with a grain of
salt. :-)

Chris in NH
http://www.chrishanisco.com