Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:26:11 -0500

This morning I happened to come across Martha Stewart on nbc.  I never watch this show and I guess I just was lucky to tune at the exact right time because gluten free pasta was immediately mentioned.  Kimberly Williams was the guest star (she was in Father of the Bride and is currently on According to Jim).  She said she makes gluten free and wheat free pasta because it is easier to digest.  I don't think she had Celiac but it was nice to have some publicity.  Martha then said she was using a spelt pasta and she said most wheat-free people can eat it, but emphasized not all people with wheat allergies can have it.  I don't know the numbers about wheat allergies vs. Celiac Disease so I don't know if she was wrong or not but either way it is still nice to here the subject talked about.

~Eleis in NY