From:
Sherene Silverberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 04:32:04 -0400

I received many, many responses and though they differed in the mechanics,
the over riding principle is that the parents "bought" the illegal candy from
the children.   Some"bought" them for legal treats, others for coins and yet
others for book or toy gift certificates.

Most used it as a learning opportunity and actively engaged their children in
the process of sorting through the candy and discarding the illegal ones.

We have just discovered that our DD's favorite treat is GFCF so we know that
she'll be happy to switch out the candies she receives for them.  We suspect
our son will be happy with a switch of Cool Fruits (BTW, if you haven't tried
them, they are great - GFCF popsicles with no artificial colors) and Veggie
Booty.

thank you to everyone who responded.  The switch to GFCF for our children
was much easier than we anticipated and the results are startling in the
extreme.  It is like our children are back with us again.  Our daughter is no
longer chronically fatigued and our son is running around again (before he
had such pains in his ankles and knees that he had stopped running).  Best of
all, DD no longer looks as if she is 9 months pregnant.

Sherene in Norfolk