From:
Latimer Kells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 11:33:49 -0500

Greetings, Everyone

Many thanks to those who have responded to my recent inquiry about
chronic bloating despite GF status.  The following is a summary of
suggestions regarding evaluation and treatment of chronic bloating.  It
was comforting to hear that I'm not alone in dealing with this problem.
Below are suggestions as to what causes bloating and how you might treat
it.

1)  Casein or lactose intolerance.  Some people are lactose intolerant
permanently, but others can resume dairy after their gut heals (which
can take up to a couple years). Probiotics must be lactose/dairy free.

2)  Pancreatitis (use Solaray Liver Formula (S-13), "Perfect Food" or
"Primal Defense")

3)  Candidiasis

4)  Permanent damage from gluten

5)  Inadequate secretion of digestive juices by stomach, pancreas,
gallbladder.  Some people use enzymes, but they are not always
effective.  One product, Phazyme, was listed as helping the poster).

6)  Intestinal infection

7)  Parasites (Hulda Clark parasite elimination program, see
www.Amazon.com for review of "The Cure for All Diseases")

8)  Food allergies (elimination diet and allergy testing at
www.ozemail.com.au/~sdengate and www.betterhealthusa.com were given
enthusiastic reviews by satisfied customers.   Also, some are allergic
to acidophilus.

9)  Wrong diet.  Suggests "Eat Right for Your Bloodtype."
www.4yourtype.com sells probiotics that reportedly react well with your
given bloodtype.  Another poster suggested juicing, making sure you
drink plenty of water, and eating a little bit of rice with each meal --
although I would urge caution for people, like myself, who cannot
tolerate any grain, including rice!

10)  Lack of exercise.  One person stated that exercise decreases
bloating in their case.  Don't know, but that may be related to what
I've read on candidiasis and how exercise/increased oxygen is important
to an anti-candida regimen.

Thanks again to ALL!  I now have more options to explore.

Latimer
NYC