From:
Aimee Rye <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aimee Rye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 17:43:25 -0600

Here is part 2 of the Nausea medications and Premesis summary.   I
just called GlaxoSmithKline, the maker of Zofran ODT and found out
from them directly that there is gluten in Zofran.  According to the
lady I spoke with, she said that it is listed as coming from a wheat
or corn source and has a measurement of 0.01% gluten.  Since the
source could be either/or, they cannot state that it is gluten free.

I also contacted the maker of PremesisRX.  They told me that they do
not test for gluten, but that they believe their product to be gluten
free as well as the chewable prenatal that they offer.

I searched on reglan and found a couple of lawyer sights with
lawsuits out on the drug, so that voids my interest in that drug.
Apparently it's side effects are enough to warrent class lawsuits.
Yikes!

Below are the remaining posts regarding nausea meds, suggestions, and whatnot.

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

Vit B 6 in injections is supposed to work my grand-daughter had to go
on tpn during her last pregnancy
she has celiac but doesn't believe it , was gf for nine yrs but isn't
since her oldest child(3) has it too but
one doctor says it is the others say no, so she keeps suffering
Hope you get to feeling better. When I was pregnant I was in the
hospital on IV"s for two wks ,I ate something every two hrs, didn't
know I had celiac I also had tigan shots with my fifth I live 24 hrs
a day on tpn.

medications by injection are gf ,otherwise not

---------------------------------------

Go to the web site:
<http://www.glutenfreedrugs.com>www.glutenfreedrugs.com

---------------------------------------

  Vitamin B-6 seemed to help me some with the
nausea, in case you haven't tried that yet.

---------------------------------------

I don't know the answer to your question but I would encourage you not to
take the reglan.  I took it for a year or so before my diagnois of CD.  It
has a long list of rather serious side effects.  I did not end up with a
problem but from the reaction of other doctors when I mentioned this rx I
had the impression it should not be a first choice medicine for anyone.

Have you tried the things you wrap around your wrist?  I can't remember much
about them but I had a friend that suffered from nausea all thru her
pregnancy and found these helpful.

Sucking on a lemon helps, dip in sugar first.

Homeopathic Ipecac works great, putting under your tongue 2 to 4 small tabs
every 10-15 minutes, this always worked for me.

Drinking Chamomile Tea when you wake up.

I've been pregnant 4 times over with 5 kids, twins the last time.

Good luck, ginger root freshly boiled, or I used candied ginger chewed it
through one of my long bouts of nausea, you do have to like ginger for that.

-------------------------------------

Reglan is a serious medication devised to improve stomach emptying.  It has
a huge list of side effects.  Be careful.

--------------------------------------

Phenegran (i think that's how it's spelled) is fine-
but it will make you very sleepy. Premesis is GF or
atleast it was when I took it. I was also very naseaus
and it seemed to help a little. The good news is the
morning sickness will go away eventually.

If the medications don't work try sniffing ginger or sipping lemonade
from a Mom who has been there.

End of Part 2....
Could possibly be a part 3 if more comments stream in.