From:
Konrad Murak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Konrad Murak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2009 17:57:27 -0400

Does anyone know whether Endurox R4 Tangy Orange is Gluten Free? I've
contacted the manafacturer and this is what I received (did not get "Yes"
or "No"). Please see below:
The US Food Allergen Label¬ing and Consumer Protection Act of 2004
(FALCPA) mandates that all food and beverage manufactures/distributors
clearly state if their products contain a major food allergen—defined as one of
the following food groups, or is an ingredients that contains protein derived
from one of the following foods:

Milk
Eggs
Peanuts
Tree nuts such as almonds, wal¬nuts, and pecans
Soybeans
Wheat
Fish
Shellfish such as crab, lobster, and shrimp

If you look immediately below the Ingredients declaration on our product
labeling, you will find our FDA-regulated Allergen Information statement.  The
allergen statements for our Accelerade products declare that the products
contain milk and soy, and the allergen statements for our Accel Gels declare
the presence of milk.  Therefore, these formulations are do not contain
ingredients or protein-derivative ingredients from the other major food
allergens (see list above).  However, we also include complementary
information on our Accelerade products delineating that these products are
manufactured in a facility that processes eggs, wheat, tree nuts, fish,
crustaceans and shellfish products.   This means that there could be trace
levels of residual matter present in our products that some individuals may be
sensitive towards.  Why do we include this information?

Because allergen sensitivity varies on an individual basis, and though our
product may not contain any ingredients or derivative ingredients from one of
the major allergen foods that an individual might be sensitive towards, there
could be a rare situation where a minute/trace amount of a particular allergen
could make its way into our products (in parts per million/parts per billion
levels) which might, in very rare circumstances, create a concern for highly-
sensitive individuals.

Therefore, given your personal situation, our recommendation would be to
check with your physician first before either continuing usage and/or
purchasing new product.  Your safety is our top concern.

If after checking with your physician, that she/he gives you the clearance to
continue using the products, drop us a line as to what your favorite items
are.  We’ll send you a small care package to thank you for your support over
the years.