From:
Linda Ritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 15:02:31 -0600

Thank You to the four people who responded with Doughnut recipes.  I
have made three different batches of doughnuts and all have been very
good, easy to prepare, easy to make substitutions and held together
well.  I have not tried all of the following recipes as written but
changed the flavoring or made it dairy free.

DOUGHNUTS
Reply A.  I use the B. Hagman flour mixture for the flour mentioned and
add about 1 tsp of xanthum gum.

1.  Chocolate Chip Donuts
1/2 C flour
1/4 C sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 C milk
1 egg
2 TBS vegetable oil
1/2 Cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat donut maker for 5 minutes

Combine dry ingredients.  Make a well in the center.  Add milk, egg and
oil.  Stir just until dry ingredients are moist and batter is smooth.
Add in chocolate chips.

Fill each donut hole with a heaping tablespoon of batter.  Close unit
and lock in place
Bake for about 3 minutes.  Makes 16 donuts

2.  Pumpkin Donuts  (makes 36)

1 1/2 C flour
1/2 C sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 C canned pumpkin
1/2 C milk
2 eggs
1/2 C vegetable oil

same instructions as above.

Reply B.
  Spicy Apple Donuts
3/4 cup flour (of course, I used gf flour and a little Xanthum gum)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup applesauce
1 tbsp milk
1 large egg
1 tbsp oil

Preheat donut bites for 5 minutes
combine dry ingredients.  Make a well in center.  Add applesauce, milk, egg
and oil.  Stir until batter is smooth.
Fill each donut hole with a heaping tablespoon of batter.
Close unit and lock
Bake for 3 - 4 minutes or until donuts are browned.

Reply C.  Doughnuts
1/2 c butter
1 c powdered sugar
2 eggs
1 c rice flour or Bette Hagman`s flour mix
1 t.milk with 1/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
Cream butter and sugar.  Beat eggs in separate bowl. Beat in beaten eggs. Add
remaining ingredients. Fill donut baker 3/4 full of batter. Close for 3-3 1/2
minutes.

Reply D.  Doughnuts
   2 eggs
2 tbs. vegetable oil,
1 cup Bette Hagman's general purpose mix
1 1/2 tsp. GF baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
sprite- about 3/4 cup, I like a thin batter
 cook until light to medium brown, too done will give a heavy rice flour
taste.
   Add enough sprite until it drips threw a fork easily.
  This works very well with waffles and pancakes, add just a little
vanilla
for a better taste.