From:
bev lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 17:24:43 PDT

Hi All
Thanks for all the responses to my question about UK listing Kellog's
rice krispies as gluten free.  I heard from several UK list members
including the original poster.  This seems to reflect a difference in
recommendations of safe foods.

The UK celiac society states that small amounts of malt flavouring are
safe for all but the supersenstive celiacs, while American info would
suggest avoiding all malt.

One member from Ireland, though was told that 2% of the gluten might be
getting through in malt flavouring and to avoid it.
What I'm wondering now is whether to let my daughter try them for
awhile.  How many of you are eatting Kellog's cereals with malt
flavouring?  Any problems?

Bev Lewis
London, ON