Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2010 17:53:19 -0400

I am forwarding here the very helpful reply I received about Sicily -
and please note the information about DS Pizza Points.  Maybe an
American company would like to begin a program like this, creating a
network of restaurants.

    You have to look for certified gluten free restaurants, pizzerias,
    ice cream parlours etc. on the website of the Italian Coeliac
    Society and pizzerias on the website of dspizzapoint.
    Here the restaurant and pizzerias list from the Italian Coeliac Society:
    http://www.celiachia.it/dieta/fuoricasa/ristoranti_etc.aspx?id=18#aReg
    (they have gf pasta, or pizza, bread, dessert and so on and pay much
    attention to cross-contamination)

    Here the ice cream parlours:
    http://www.celiachia.it/dieta/fuoricasa/gelaterie.aspx?id=18#aReg

    Here also gf Bed and Breakfasts:
    http://www.celiachia.it/dieta/fuoricasa/bed_and_breakfast.aspx?id=18#aReg

    Here the list of *_dspizzapoints_*, 41 gf pizzerias in Sicily:
    http://www.dspizzapoint.com/en/where-can-i-find-gluten-free-restaurants/38.html

That is the information I received on Sicily - very, very helpful!

Alice