From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 07:04:25 -0800

Hi All--

I apologize if it appears that I'm belaboring an issue
here with Enterolab, but I've noticed that several
people on the list have had gene testing done through
this lab. I went to their site and found no indication
that they accept insurance payments or that their
testing is reimbursable by insurance. If I missed
something, please correct me...

So, my question is, why, if they are an accredited
lab, do the patients have to pay out of pocket? I
understand that at least one person did get reimbursed
through their HMO, but having to pay out of pocket
with no guarantee our insurance will reimburse us
makes no sense to me.

I have no knowledge that Enterolab is not a legitimate
laboratory, nor have I had any dealings with them. I
am simply a patient/consumer who wants to see some
information from the scientific/medical/insurance
community that confirms or recognizes Enterolab as a
valid testing facility. If there is such documentation
that anyone can share with me, I would appreciate it
if someone would send it to me or tell me where I can
get it.

Ayn/Kansas