From:
Humphrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 18:38:37 -0600

   I have tried some new cereals that are really good.  Have not
yet checked to confirm if manufactured in a gluten free environment, but
the ingredients do not contain gluten.  They have the 'Kosher' symbol so
I am hoping that means they pay attention to the details of production.

   The cereals are from New Paradigm Foods, LLC, 931 W. Liberty,
Wheaton, IL 60187, distributed by Vitasoy USA, Inc.  I have tried Honey Date
(Ingredients: soy, rice, honey & dates) and Raisin Almond (Ingredients: soy,
rice, raisins, honey, almonds and dates)  Both are labeled as being
manufactured on shared equipment with tree nuts and peanuts.   There is one
more flavor, Cinnamon Toast.

   The taste is similar to Grape Nuts.  My only complaint is the price, which
at over $3 per box winds up being about $1 a serving.  The box says 5 1/2
cup servings per box, but that is a tiny amount to me.  My servings are
closer to a cup plus I add more almonds and raisins to fill it out.  Still a
good cereal for anyone needing to avoid gluten.  Unfortunately it won't help
those sensitive to soy, but is an alternative for those celiacs with corn
allergies also.

   Diane Humphrey