Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 2015 09:39:46 -0400

Just my two cents, but the celiacs I know who have moved to Europe had shared
that they do not tolerate GF foods with wheat starch well over time.  My
personal standard has always been, when asking for a GF confirmed food, that I
did NOT want replies that were akin to "I ate it and had no reaction" v.
corporate/manufacturer confirmation.  Today, I came across and article about
wheat starch,
http://www.glutenfreeliving.com/gluten-free-foods/ingredients/new-word-on-wheat-starch/
, and was appalled to see that the PAID dietician form Dr. Schär speaking about
the safety of wheat starch for celiacs.

Take a moment and read the article and comments.  I posted a comments that
states:

This seems to be a simple case of profits are more important to Dr. Schär than
the health of the consumers. Every celiac reacts differently to the ingestion of
gluten, even at levels of 200 or 20ppm. Dr. Anne Rice, R.D, EMPLOYEE of Dr.
Schär, tells us that she has actually had wheat-starch-based products...in
Europe...and [she] didn't react." Sounds like definitive science that wheat
starch is okay for all celiacs - NOT. From this point forward, I will
discontinue purchasing any Schär products and use my voice to tell others to
boycott. Consumers with celiac, and their health, matter more than profits!

Again, just my two cents!

Sara

*******
*******