Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 1997 17:53:10 +0200

Hi. My entire family loves this.
Enjoy, Sharon Marcus

========================
TUNA ROLL

2 cans (7oz each) GF tuna
1 heaping TBSP GF onion soup mix
2 TBSP chopped onion
1+ TBSP GF mayonaise (only enough to spread)

Mix together and spread on rolled out dough (see below):
(I use Donna Jo's Dream Pastry from Bette Hagman's 2nd book, p. 146
with some changes. The most important change is NOT to refrigerate the
dough as the recipe recommends. It's much easier to handle at room
temp.)

Dough
1/2 c. tapioca flour
1/2 c. cornstarch
1/4 c. potato starch
1 c. sweet rice flour
1 rounded tsp. xanthan gum
1/2 tsp. salt
dash sugar (optional)
1c. margarine, melted
1/2 tsp. butter flavor
1 egg, cold
1 TBSP GF vinegar
4 TBSP ice water

Blend flours well first, then add wet ingredients. Form 2 balls. Lay 2
sheets of wax paper or plastic on the counter top with the ball of
dough in between. With a rolling pin, flatten one ball of dough at a
time. Remove top sheet only. Spread half of the tuna mixture onto the
flattened dough. Using the bottom sheet, roll up dough and put on
ungreased cookie tray. Repeat with 2nd ball.
Bake at 425 deg. for 20 min.

While baking, make the cheese sauce:
2 TBSP marg.
2 TBSP cornstarch or rice flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. mustard powder
1 1/2 c. milk
1/2-3/4 c. grated yellow cheese (I use one with no strong flavor of its
own)

Melt marg. in sauce pan. Add cornstarch/rice flour and mix. Add salt
and mustard powder. Add milk slowly, stirring constantly. When
thickened, remove from heat and add grated cheese. Stir in until melted.
Serve sauce over tuna roll.