From:
Sydney Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 09:52:07 -0800

        I did look at an internet guide to home winemaking after reading
that message saying wine wasn't safe, and found that adding yeast was part
of the process in home winemaking.  However, the yeasts are special ones
(quite possibly the type of yeast mentioned by Sylvia), and very small
amounts are added--just 1 gram (1/28 of an ounce!) per gallon.  Even for
wine made that way, wouldn't there have to be quite a bit of gluten
contaminating that 1/28 ounce of yeast per gallon to cause a problem even
for a very sensitive celiac?

Sydney from Seattle