From:
Karen M. Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 08:57:18 -0800

Date sent:              Thu, 11 Jan 2001 20:23:18 -0600
Send reply to:          Barbara Hicks <[log in to unmask]>

Barbara wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have had several inquiries about my comment about citric acid being
> the culprit in my husband's problem with Jamba Juice smoothies.
>
> The reason that we determined that it was probably the citric acid was
> that it was the only ingredient in the smoothie that it could be.  The
> smoothie contained various fresh fruits and the bananas that were
> processed in another country using citric acid. <snip> Also, another
> listmember advised that the Jamba Juice in the Bread & Circus in
> Cambridge, Mass. uses soy milk sweetened with barley malt.  It was not
> mentioned which of their products include this ingredient.

Don't know what date the information was on the soymilk, but I've
had some rather extensive :-) e-versations with Rhonda Shigemura
at Jamba HQ, which ended with the last note that I got from her in
October of last year - reproduced here in its entirety...

Please folks, *don't* abuse the poor lady's e-mail. Rhonda is on
*our* side - it took a *lot* of effort to get the barley malt out of the
soymilk so that GFCF people could enjoy Jamba shakes too!