From:
J & C White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:54:59 -0800

First of all, thank you all for your many replies, I was surprised to
get so much response.

The majority of people called this dry eye condition Blepharitis.  A
condition where the eyes do not produce enough lubrication, as a result
dry eyes.   Also many people said it could be Sjogren's, apparently
related to CD.  The condition apparently comes and goes.

Almost everyone said the solution to the problem is hot compresses on
the eyes, along with over the counter eye drops such as Refresh Plus,
Tears Naturale etc.  Also many people said wash the eyes with diluted
baby shampoo to stave off the infection.  One person said they wash
their eyelids with Ocusoft, much less expensive.  I have found all these
remedies to be very helpful, especially the baby shampoo wash.  My
optamologist said it was a chronic condition and a lifetime maintenance
program.

Patch, patch, patch!!!

Janet in Maine