From:
Derek Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Derek Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:39:46 -0400

Unfortunately, Gourmetland has recently closed. I went there with my family to eat Sunday night and was surprised to see it has been bought out. They had amazing GF Chinese food. Even GF egg rolls that tasted almost like the real deal.

We took my mom out for her 65th birthday at the restaurant, Per Se. WOW!!!!!!!!! This was by far the most amazing restaurant I have ever eaten in and cannot imagine there being a better one in the world. A once in a lifetime experience. 9 courses and it takes about 4 hours which flies by. One of my favorite parts was when they brought bread out for the table and they had a separate waiter bring me my choice of 3 (count 'em- three) different types of gluten free bread, freshly bakes in their kitchen. All of the 9 courses were perfectly adapted for a gluten free diet. Not only was it the best meal I have ever had, it felt that it was just incidentally GF. There was no settling here. The downside is that it is sooo expensive, it is only for very rare special occasions. Hope you get the chance to try it. It is in the Time Warner Center by Columbus Circle.

Derek