Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 07:06:53 -0500

>Now there is this ABM4100T "Extra-large Capacity" machine, which says right
>on the box - "makes gluten-free bread."  Has anyone used this machine?  Does
>it work well?

Kris,

My fiance bought me the Welbilt ABM4100T bread machine in December, and I
tried it for the first time this past week (we were in the process of moving
and stuff).  There are 3-4 gf bread recipes in the owners manual - I was
shocked!  I was also surprised to read that bit on the outside of the box
about it being able to make gf bread....

Well, I tried one of the recipes from the owners manual - the cheddar bread.
 The instructions are very specific for gf breads, and what to look for after
the first kneading to know if it needs more water or not.  I was really
impressed!   The loaf turned out fairly well, except for a dent in the top
end of the bread (about a half to one inch dent in the center of the end, if
that makes sense).   There was also a small hole in the other end, but that's
where the beater was, so that makes sense.  I have no idea why a portion of
the bread fell...but it really didn't fall completely, so the bread was more
than salvageable.  And it tasted great!  I had some the next morning as
toast, and talk about yummy!  It was my first attempt at baking gf bread
(with and without a bread machine).

I would highly recommend this bread machine!  (I have no interest in Welbilt,
other than being a satisfied customer).

Deb
Blacksburg, VA