Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:01:51 -0500

Hi,

In a previous message, Ann said this:

"several people questioned my comment that not all rennet used to make =
cheese is not gf.  Many cottage cheeses and ricotta cheeses are not gf =
because of the rennret/vinegars used to coagulate the milk. Thus they =
are not gf.  The leftover liquid is used to make whey powder.  That's =
why I asked for specific brands...I'll have to search the labels.and =
manufacturers"

In the 8 + years that I have been gluten-free so far, I have read all the
messages on this board, and those on the Delphi CD forum, and read all
that I could in the Internet.  I also called numerous of companies.

I have NEVER encountered any rennet, or vinegar that would have gluten to
make cottage cheese, (if there's gluten in cottage cheese, it will be from
wheat starch), or to make any cheese, or whey.

I believe that these free statements, without any facts or prooves to
sustain the allegations are urban legends and will scare newbies
unnecessarily,

This diet is enough hard to follow as it is, without any unnecessary
hassle.

Mireille, moderator of:  http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start