From:
Philip and Ruth Wainwright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 02:47:48 -0400

Hi everyone
Firstly let me say how great it is to be able to access the information
available throought this list service - the range, scope and depth are
astounding - keep it up and many thanks to the person/s that thought to
get it going in the first place.

As I live in Australia I can't advise on any Ricotta Cheese available in
the US however the following recipe may be of some use to fellow list
members.

RICOTTA CHEESE

4-1/2 Litres Milk
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice

Scald the milk , then remove it from the heat.  Stir lemon juice into
the scalded milk.  Let it sit for at least 20 minutes then strain to
remove the liquid (whey) from the curds, pressing the curds to remove as
much liquid as possible.  Chill and use as required.

Have a great GF day
RUth Wainwright