From:
Margery Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 09:18:39 EST

In a message dated 10/31/99 10:52:20 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Our family doctor has treated my children with prednisone or decadron when
they have a celiac "reaction" so as to stop it.  My children have
asthmatic-like symptoms when they ingest glutens.  The steriod stops the
bronchial tubes from closing off and recovery is much quicker.  The doctor
has warned, however, that this is not an answer to the disease.  It's simply
a quick solution for the reaction.  He's even unsure that the steriods would
continue to work if the reactions were occuring on a regular basis.  Luckily,
my children have gone very long periods of time between reactions.  I don't
believe steriods are the "answer" we're looking for.
_Margie in KY