From:
Julie Thomas Grantier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 18:57:25 -0500

Hi all,

I hope that no one has already posted this.  My sister just gave me a
wonderful pastry cookbook called "Fabulous and Flourless" By Mary Wachtel
Mauksch (ISBN 0-02-862002-X).  All of the recipes are wheat and dairy free.
 They are also gluten free except some that call for spelt flour.  Most of
the recipes use ground nuts instead of any flour at all.

From the back cover:
"The bakers of Austria-Hungary - which included the author's hometown,
Prague - learned that the secret to creating rich, silky, delicious
desserts was to use ground nuts instead of flour.  Mary Wachtel Mauksch
grew up making and savoring the special cakes, tarts, puddings, cookies,
and candies that had been passed down from family and friends.   In Fabuous
and Flourless she shares over 150 of these luscious desserts and
accompaniments.  Fabulous and Flourless provides recipes for traditional
Viennese pastries, which do not use flour, allowing those with wheat gluten
allergies to enjoy their favorite desserts without missing out on any of
the richness and delicious flavor."

I haven't tried any of the recipes yet.  I have a four month old son (nuff
said).  But they all look wonderful.

I assume that you could order the book from any bookseller.  My sister got
it from a mail order cookbook catalog - Jessica's Biscuit 1-800-878-4264.

Julie