From:
Betsy Mackin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betsy Mackin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:40:45 -0500

Hello everyone....

Thank you to the over 60 replies I have recieved so far. Everyone seems to
agree that the label on Brachs Candy Corn and Autumn Mix has no questionable
ingredients. Everyone also agrees that Brachs is not a Gluten Free friendly
company. What i mean by that is, most everyone does NOT receive a response
from them when trying to contact them. I agree that is a disgrace. I think
i just hit them on a good day when i got a call back, and happened to be
home to answer the call and ask questions. Those that CHOOSE to eat Brachs
Candy Corn have had no reaction. I have not recieved one note stating a
reaction, out of the 42 who have eaten it. Out bowl of Autumn Mix is empty
today and i plan on buying more. But again, that is my personal choice. I
am in NO WAY urging anyone to eat anything they are unsure of. To those of
you who have no reaction from eating gluten, but know you are Celiac, I
totally respect your decision to take no chances. Good for you and your
continued good health.

Now for Brachs........Possibly if EVERYONE called, and EVERYONE sent a note
via e-mail, they might think twice about trying to ignore us. I am going
to buy a new bag and post the address and phone number. This is America,
dont we all have equal rights? I do not want to bash Brachs, i would just
like them to respect us the same as any of their other potential customers.

On a lighter note, i am truly laughing at the fact that i am so pumped up
about a candy company........in the whole scheme of life, this seems kinda
funny........but here i am, going forward with this.................

Have a great day everyone
Betsy