From:
Susan Cleveley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Cleveley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:13:29 -0700

Several folks recommended Sully's Living Without but they have a problem at
the moment--

Saw your request on the list and we do have an Italian translation.
Unfortunately due to computer changes here, I would have to send it in the
mail -- and it may be too late. Still, if you'd like me to do that, write
back with an address. Best wishes, ann

Ann Whelan, Editor/Publisher
Gluten-Free Living
PO Box 105
Hastings-on-Hudson, NY 10706
914/969-2018
Sully's Living without has cards in many languages including Italian

Here are 2 actual cards written in the native tongue!
Italian

SOFFRO DI CELIACHIA E PER QUESTO MOTIVO NON POSSO MA

I principali alimenti che contengono questi cereali sono le pizze, la
farina, il pane, i diversi tipi di pasta (penne, anellini, fusilli,
tagliatelle, capelli d'angelo, lasagne, spaghetti...) cornetti, pasticcini,
le croquette, cibi infarinati, le salse, la minestra, pasticcini, biscotti,
il pane biscottato, il malto, estratto di malta, quasi tutte le salsiccie e
i salami, e alcuni brodi.

Posso mangiare: carne, pesce, uova, verdure, legumi, ortaggi, frutte, riso,
mais, soia e patate. questi alimenti devono essere cucinati senza usare la
farina, per questo motivo i cibi devono essere bolliti, arrostiti, alla
piastra, alla brace o nel suo stato naturale. la ringrazierei tanto se mi
puó avvertire se nel suo menú appaiono uno qualsiasi di questi cereali.

GRAZIE
Regards, Jacques Maltais
Hello,
this is Letizia from Italy.  You can visit our Celiac Association website on
http://www.celiachia.it/ and look under "Vademecum for the Celiac Voyager".

I am also writing down here an Italian dining card:

SOFFRO DI UNA INTOLLERANZA ALIMENTARE AL GLUTINE
Staro' molto male se mangero' cibi che contengano farina di frumento,
orzo, avena, farro, malto, segala o i loro derivati; ad esempio:
pane, torte, grissini, pan grattato, pasta, biscotti, salse, zuppe.
Posso mangiare con tranquillita' carne fresca, pesce, frutta,
verdura, uova, riso, mais, soia e patate, legumi.
Se durante la preparazione di un piatto sorgessero dei dubbi per
favore consultatemi.

Translation:

I HAVE BEEN MEDICALLY DIAGNOSED A CELIAC
I will be very sick if I eat any foods that contain wheat, rye, oats,
barley and their byproducts. This includes bread, breadcrumbs, rolls,
buns, bran, batters, cakes, pasta, crispbread, biscuits, pastry,
sausages, sauces, dressings, soups, malt and malt products. Celiacs
CAN eat fresh meat, fish, fruits, vegetables, eggs and dairy products
along with rice, corn, soy and potato products.
SO WHEN PREPARING A MEAL, IF IN ANY DOUBT, PLEASE ASK.

I hope this helps.
Bye, Letizia

here is a Celiac resource page for Italy:
http://www.csrsrc.mi.cnr.it/~orto/celiachia/eng_note.html
Here is one of their many links to a card:
http://www.csrsrc.mi.cnr.it/~orto/celiachia/Cartelli.html
You can get a sense of the content with this machine translation service
(select Food Science as the subject):
http://www.worldlingo.com/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html

Go to www.hometown.aol.com/zoeliak/index/htm

Try: http://www.sci.fi/%7Ekeliakia/tiedote/kielet.htm#kreikka.
Several people sent attachments, but I did not open any of them due to the
latest bout of computer viruses. So feel free to contact theses people and
have them send their information directly to you.

Here is what I used when I was in Italy. It was written by the native
Italian husband of a celiac that we stayed with while there.

Worked for me!
Anne in Texas

I've got a card in several languages, if you'd like to use. They're in an
attached word file. Betty/TX

Here is an old copy of some foreign language cards I had on file.
Sincerely
Kelly LeMonds
R.O.C.K. Chapter Leader, Wylie, Texas
972-489-9915