Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 08:11:10 -0800

(I added the (in the Carolinas) item.....Vicki

Thank you for your question regarding Dairy Queen/Brazier(r) gluten-free
products.  Please note ingredients may vary slightly among different
manufacturers of DQ/B products and formulas and products do change over time.

The DQ Vanilla and Chocolate Soft Serve, Nonfat Frozen Yogurt, and
Misty(r) Slush do not contain gluten.  Certain Dairy Queen stores (in the
Carolinas, actually) use a softserve mix that varies from the mix used by
stores in the rest of the country and on which this information is based.
We advise all who inquire to check all of this information with their local
DQ store.

 Additionally, our supplier of manufactured novelties informs us that
the following items are also gluten-free:

   Dennis the Menace(r) Bar
   Lemon Freez'r(r)
   Cherry-Lime Freez'r(r)
   DQ(r) Fudge Bar
   DQ(r) Raspberry Vanilla Bar
   DQ(r) Vanilla Orange Bar
   DQ(r) Vanilla Fudge Bar
   Starkiss(r) Bars

 In the past, we have submitted the above information to the Celiac
Sprue Association and we will continue to provide them with this
information.

 Please know, we do require a proof of Dairy Queen/Brazier information
and any use of our trademarks be submitted for our review before the
information can be printed.  We would then request a final copy be
submitted to us for our files.

 Thank you for your inquiry.  Please feel free to contact us at any
time.

 Sincerely,

 AMERICAN DAIRY QUEEN CORPORATION

 Jennifer Fredenburg M.S. R.D. L.D. Nicole L. Matzke
 Quality Assurance Manager Food Technologist/Quality Assurance
  952/896-2593
 Research and Development Department