From:
Diane Bertrand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 23:19:11 EDT

Part 2 summary: I wanted to include these other responses-

I use the same bread recipe for my 5 year old daugher all the time.  She
loves the bread it makes.

I have 2 non-stick muffin top pans ( I grease them) that I use and the whole
recipe makes about 10 rolls.  I only let them rise one time for about 45
minutes and then bake at 325 for about 25 minutes.  I also take a spoonful
of dough and flatten it into about an 8" circle and bake it immediately for
about 15 mintes to make flat bread or "Pita" bread for my daughter.  It is
her favorite.

I have made the following changes to that recipe that I think tastes better.
Use only 1-1/2 cups water and exchange 1/2 cup of the tapioca flour for bean
flour. (I get it from Miss Roben's) The bread is always soft and not sticky
at all.

I have found I like the bun idea also.  I use the small pie pans that are
disposable and found in the grocery stores.  I take my fingernail and run
around the bottom crease of the pans to enlarge the bottom. That makes the
buns more the right size and shape..  I can usually use the pans several
times before discarding them.  In fact, the second and third time they
shape up better because I enlarge the bottom a little more when I flatten
out the bottom.  I keep a supply on hand and use however many I need for a
batch.  I place them on a cookie sheet for easy handling.