From:
mary elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 06:22:51 -0800

     Fellow celiacs, I couldn't resist passing this on.

     Early this morning, I was flipping through a copy of Hello!, a
British gossip magazine, sort of like people, but much more snobbish -
Hello! never met a title it didn't like. I was idly reading an
interview with the Duchess of Kent ("The Duchess of Kent, one of the
most beloved members of the Royal Family,  looks back on her 65
years," etc.). Suddenly something caught my eye. Could it be - My God,
it was!
     The paragraph ran something along these lines:
     Some years ago, the Duchess went through a period of mysterious
weakness and depression. Doctors were mystified - for a time it was
thought the Duchess was suffering from multiple sclerosis - but
finally diagnosed coeliac disease, an allergy to gluten.

     So there you are - even in Kensington Palace!!!
                      Regards to all, Mary in NYC.