From:
Vicki Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vicki Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 2009 17:04:21 -0700

Dear Listmates -

What a joy it was today, going into a local supermarket.
I went down the baking aisle, where I saw all four Betty Crocker gluten-free baking mixes: chocolate chip cookie mix, yellow cake mix, chocolate cake mix, and brownie mix.

Then I went down the cereal aisle, where Rice Chex, Corn Chex, Cinnamon Chex were side by side with Gluten Free in huge letters on the fronts of the boxes.

The best thing is that it raises public awareness about what gluten is, why some people have to avoid it, and may even get some people to thinking that they need to get tested for Celiac Disease.

Add autistic dietary needs and Multiple Sclerosis dietary needs, and we will probably see more and more products going gluten-free in the future, because Betty Crocker and General Mills may start a bandwagon rolling.

After all, there is money to be made by companies who market gluten-free products in regular supermarkets, especially when they are popular products that those who consume gluten may want and can eat, too.

Vicki in Illinois

*******
*******