From:
Peggy Wagener <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 17:51:28 EDT

Yes, we put on our shades and stared into the bright lights of LA earlier
this week when the LA Times included us in an article on the gluten-free
diet. We've been thrilled with the response from this mention. It's attracted
some new mystery subscribers who we choose to believe are fabulously famous
celebrities. Now we can't and won't do any name dropping but know that, if
you are a subscriber, you are in very good company. Living Without, the
magazine for stars, like you, living well, living without.

The Fall 2002 issue is at press and will be dropped in the mail on August 12.
 Look for it on your doorstep and on newsstands in mid-August. It is a very
exciting issue filled with gluten-free(GF) holiday (yes, holiday!) menu ideas
and recipes. The magazine also features inspirational stories about celiacs
like Laura Leon, a successful concert pianist who doesn't let celiac disease
slow her down and a really touching story about a little boy who is living a
very abundant life with both celiac disease and diabetes. The gals at
Glutenfreeda.com join us in this issue and you'll enjoy meeting them. They
make GF look very, very good. And...Glutenfreeda.com, Beth Hillson, Rebecca
Reilly and others share amazing, delicious GF recipes. Carol Fenster, Ph.D.
provides tips on choosing just that right pan for baking. Jax Peters Lowell
informs (with humor) on how to get a chef to eat out of your hand. Michelle
Melin-Rogovin, M.P.P., Program Director of the University of Chicago Celiac
Disease Program, reports on the International Celiac Disease Conference. And
"Here Comes the Judge," a popular column with our readers, evaluates favorite
mixes with recipe twists. Read our judges verdicts on this selection of mixes
before you make that next purchase.

Oh, there is also a list of the best GF energy bars and a fantastic listing
of GF/CF treats for Halloween and other upcoming holidays and, well I'm
running out of breath and space and there is so, so much more to tell you.
But I don't want to spoil all the surprises contained in this a new,
beautiful issue. This one is definitely coffee table worthy and pleasing to
the eye in every way.

If you aren't a subscriber and want to receive this issue, you can order it
at www. LivingWithout.com or send a check for $22.00 (one year) or $35.00
(two years) to Living Without, PO Box 2126, Northbrook, IL 60065. Orders
received by August 9, 2002 will receive the fall issue as the first issue of
the subscription. Orders received after August 9, 2002 will receive the
winter issue as the first issue.

That's all for now. Kiss, kiss from the magazine now playing a starring role
in Hollywood.