From:
Amber L Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 12:06:11 EST

I have been wanting to make spring rolls for my family.  I recently read
on a posting that rice paper could be used as a spring roll wrapper.
So I went to my local Oriental food store and asked for rice paper.
They only carried one brand and the ingredients were flour, salt
and water.  They said the flour was rice flour because they were
traditional Vietnamese spring roll wraps.  I was a little concerned
about the "flour" so I decided to check the only other oriental market
in my area.  The second store carried only one brand of rice paper
and it was the same brand as the first store.  It was Banh Trang Spring
Roll Wrapper distributed by Pak Lee Trading Co. Hong Kong.  The clerk
told me the characters on the package read 'True Pure Viatnamese
Rice Paper'  so I think I will try them.  Does anyone else have
experience or information to share about this brand.  It has a
picture of a rose on the front.  My husband was diagnosed DH and CD
5 mo. ago.  We love spring rolls, but have never cooked our own before.

Thanks,
Lee Family
American Fork, Utah (USA)