From:
Cecilia McNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cecilia McNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:01:49 -0600

I received this today from my sister who is not on the list, and thought I should pass it on.
Cecilia, TX

I just wanted you to know about the experience that I just had at the Renaissance Hotel in Asheville, North Carolina. I spent two nights and have never stayed in a hotel where I was treated like that. The entire staff were beyond belief. The hotel was immaculate and trust me, being an ex-hotel general manager, I am hard to please. Most of all the chef at the restaurant, Jesse Tisdale, is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to gluten. He personally came out to talk to me about the menu. We pre-ordered for our seminar group and I ordered the Mountain Chowder. Jesse said that he makes it from scratch and that there should not be a problem with me eating it. This was the night before I was to eat it. The next day at breakfast, Jesse came over to my table and told me that he needed to speak to me about the Mountain Chowder. He told me that he went back to check all of the ingredients and found an unidentifiable ingredient in the thickner. He told me that he did not feel confortable with me eating the Mountain Chowder, but he told me that he would prepare me something special. For lunch that day I had a shrimp and scollap salad that was ot of this world. Jesse checked everything that I ate. Last night he prepared me a steak and shrimp scampi with purple potatoes and salad. He made sure that it was gluten free. This man was just awesome. If anyone is traveling through Asheville, North Carolina, I would suggest that they stop in and at least eat. If you tell Jesse your dietary needs, he will cater to you. My hat is off to the entire staff at the Reniassance.

Please pass this information on. Thanks, Debbie