Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 08:33:14 -0700

Here's a little further information I've recieved from listmembers:

*I believe the answer is that blunted or flattened villi can only be
determined thru microscopic examination.  It wouldn't necessarily be
obvious by causal observation.  Additionally, it required someone
knowledgable in what to look for to make an accurate evaluation from
looking at  biopsy under a microscope.

*You can find a copy of the article on Medscape...

GIVEN IMAGING'S 'CAMERA PILL' CLEARED BY FDA The US Food and Drug
Administration (FDA) has cleared Given Imaging's wireless endoscopic
camera, which aids in the detection of cancer and polyps and can help
determine the causes of bleeding and anemia.
http://gastroenterology.medscape.com/41280.rhtml?srcmp=gas-080301

Thanks to both of you. As a general satement to others who have written
me, I am not the person to ask for further information regarding these
pills. I am no expert, just somebody who read an article in the
newspaper and tried to pass it on.

Megan