Date:
Sat, 9 May 1998 13:08:02 -0500

I got 3 responses to my inquiry about Cambell's soup, specifically Bean
with Ham and Bacon.  All three said their most recent list (1996) still
listed it as gluten free.

That's all I got form the list.

My personal opinion is that the Bean soup is not g-free.  I get rumbly
and gaseous and feel sick within and hour of eating it.  I have tried
about 8 times in the last two years and even with beano, I get the same
horrible outcome.  I plan to write the company about this and suggest:

A.  They need to reassess whether the product is truly g-free (perhaps
they use wheat starch and think it is safe for us)
B.  The possibility of cross contamination form other products being
made in the same facility

I typically take a company at their word, but something IMO is wrong
with this product!

Shellie Ok City