From:
Deb Resch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 16:19:29 -0500

Listmates:

Although I had a lot of inquiries and ideas regarding the use of a Palm
Pilot organizer to keep track of a food list, there is currently no
ready-made solution.  I don't have time to type in hundreds of foods from
the GF lists.  What I will do is contact a company I have found who creates
medical data bases for Palms.  They do dieting, diabetes, etc....so why not
a GF list?

I am also try to enter in products that I feel I might use into my Palm -
thereby reducing the size of the list for myself.  I want to see if it is
useful and convenient enough to really recommend - the Palm is an expensive
item even though there are cheaper copies coming on the market that are
supposedly just as good.  I also purchased a small keyboard that the Palm
fits right onto and you can type data directly into the Palm without first
syncing to your PC.  I find this convenient and easy because I have
downloaded a couple of free Palm programs from the Internet that do not
have a version that works on your PC desktop - that is what I have found
most difficult.  There are other solutions, such as conversion software but
this is very convenient.  It requires no batteries or even electricity.

You can sit down anywhere with your palm and type in information.  It's
very lightweight and small but not tiny so the typing position is
acceptable.  So far, I'm happy with the keyboard.  More information is
available at the company website www.landware.com.  I called and ordered it
on Monday and had it by Tuesday so the company is very reliable.

If anyone has any other ideas or comments, please email me privately.  I
will report any new or additional information I get on this topic.

Deb