From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 20:11:20 -0800

I'm excited!  I'm a clinical nurse in a family practice.  About 4 weeks
ago, I had the opportunity to chat with a very open minded doctor about
my experience with celiac sprue.  I told her that I had been incompletely
diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 10 years ago, but when I finally went
GF 95% of my fibromyalgia symptoms vanished!  She was so interested, she
ask me for literature.  I shared the Preusser article with her.
http://www.aafp.org/afp/980301ap/pruessn.html >   She read it & right
away started ordering antigliadin tests on all her patients who have
depression, fibromyalgia or any related autoimmune symptoms.  Today the
lab results came back on a teen age girl who presented with alopecia.
Her antigliadin antibodies are very, very high.  The doctor actually
asked me what she should do next!  Whoo hoo!  I told her to give the
young girl a referral to a good GI doc right away!  I'm so excited that I
could do something that may rescue someone from the ravages of untreated
celiac disease.  ~Valerie in Tacoma, WA