From:
Stephanie Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephanie Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 2008 20:15:24 -0700

Is it possible for a 12 week old baby to show signs of Celiac Disease,
or do you have to eat gluten to have the symptoms appear?
I know this is a strange question, but my 12 week old daughter is not
gaining weight or increasing her food intake. She's formula fed and no
matter what I do, I can't get her to eat more than 18-20 ounces a day.
She should be eating at least 25...but more like 30.
She's developing perfectly and bright eyed, alert, and
interactive...just not interested in eating.
I have Celiac and we have the gene test out on her now...we're waiting
for results.

Common sense tells me that Celiac shouldn't even be considered without
having eaten gluten...but can it happen at this early of an age?

Thanks for any help...

Stephanie