From:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:55:22 -0500

recipezaar.com recipes

#172001
White Chocolate Custard <http://www.recipezaar.com/172001>
<http://www.recipezaar.com/172001>

A delicious creamy custard! Ideal for chilly winter evenings, served with
puddings or Danish pastries, or any time of year with pies.
<http://www.recipezaar.com/member/197023>

#136947
Freshly Salted Salmon <http://www.recipezaar.com/136947>
<http://www.recipezaar.com/136947>

Raw fish, marinated in spices. For me this would be served
especially at Christmas. Traditionally you do this with a whole salmon, but
that's not always practical!

#135124
Norwegian Rhubarb Pudding <http://www.recipezaar.com/135124>
<http://www.recipezaar.com/135124>
Simple and delicious!  A great way to use up all that
rhubarb in your garden.

#98288
Kirsebaerkremkake- Cherry <http://www.recipezaar.com/98288>  Cream Cake
<http://www.recipezaar.com/98288>

This is from the Sons of Norway website and is a favorite of mine. Authentic
Norwegian Cooking by Astrid Karlsen Scott

#42595
Danish Roast Goose <http://www.recipezaar.com/42595>  with Prunes & Apples
<http://www.recipezaar.com/42595>
A traditional Christmas Eve dinner served with sweet & sour red
cabbage, glazed potatoes and new carrots. The prunes & apples are served as
a side dish. <http://www.recipezaar.com/member/4470>

#40345
Danish Rollmops <http://www.recipezaar.com/40345>
<http://www.recipezaar.com/40345>

So many variations and recipes for Pickled herring, salted herring
etc. This recipe has been an old standby for my Mum and I like it. However I
usually buy the tinned wine cured whole filets for special occasions they
are super. Serve... - Bergy <http://www.recipezaar.com/member/4470>

Danish Gravlaks (lox) Cured <http://www.recipezaar.com/39190>  Salmon
<http://www.recipezaar.com/39190>

Traditionally part of any Danish Smorgaasbord., Also wonderful for
any recipe calling for Lox - appetizers etc. The wine and cognac cures the
raw salmon. <http://www.recipezaar.com/member/4470>

#27070
Scandinavian Hash (Biksemad) <http://www.recipezaar.com/27070>

This is a very traditional Danish dish and ...Great recipe for re-cycling
left over roasts etc
<http://www.recipezaar.com/member/4470>

#20672
Lentil Bro <http://www.recipezaar.com/20672>
<http://www.recipezaar.com/member/23302>

#20583
Danish Braised Cabbage <http://www.recipezaar.com/20583>
This red cabbage recipe is a tangy addition to meals. Note that the flavor
deepens and improves if you prepare the dish a day ahead, refrigerate it,
and then reheat it on the stove or in a 325-degree
<http://www.recipezaar.com/member/23302>

#16141
Danish Sillsallet" (Herring Salad)
<http://www.recipezaar.com/16141>
Traditional part of a Danish smorgasbord. Always part of Christmas buffet.
<http://www.recipezaar.com/member/4470>

#15869
Almond Paste <http://www.recipezaar.com/15869>
Making almond paste is so simple and to me it tastes fresher than any you
can buy - <http://www.recipezaar.com/member/4470>

#14557
Danish Roast Pork <http://www.recipezaar.com/14557>
We had this roast every Christmas eve (after the Danish Christmas Rice
Porridge) and always served with Red Cabbage & Apples. However, if we had
apples in the cabbage Mum omitted them with the pork. Serve with dark sweet
mustard. <http://www.recipezaar.com/member/4470>

#14129
Danish Christmas Rice Porridge <http://www.recipezaar.com/14129>
This is a real Danish tradition for Christmas Eve and is served as a first
course. <http://www.recipezaar.com/member/4470>

#12042
Danish Browned Cabbage with Caraway
<http://www.recipezaar.com/12042>
This cabbage goes well with pork. It is a traditional Danish dish. The
caraway gives it a lovely flavor <http://www.recipezaar.com/member/4470>

As for Rye Bread Most of The Time I use  Gluten Free Pantrys
<http://www.naturallyglutenfree.com/product/126045.0>  Rye Bread Mix. If you
don't have any luck here, you might try getting on Ener-G's Forum, I have
had good luck getting info. on how to use their products there.

I have used a white powder rye flavoring.  Don't remember the brand.  It
works okay.  I added about 1 t. to a loaf of bread.  Perhaps you like it
stronger.  Just my regular pumpernickel recipe.
I would recommend you use Betty Hagman's Featherlight Flour Mix for these
recipes. Just take the recipes you mentioned and substitute this GF flour
and add 1 tsp. xanthan gum. Scand. recipes cannot have a heavy GF flour mix,
so the Featherlight mix works well. I assume you are familiar with her
recipes. If not, I recommend many of them.
I have a pumpernickel bread recipe that sounds like the rye bread recipe you
are looking for. I can't find it this minute, but if you want I can email it
to you.

Thank you for all the help!
Paula