Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:09:55 -0500

Hi
Wow two questions in one day, wow ....yeah for me. HA HA

Okay, I am wondering a lot lately, well, a little...but..how do you know
how to judge a reaction if you don't think you have typical reactions...or
rather you dont have typical reactions? I basically or predominatently went
GF over a year ago based on severe severe nuero issues, vertigo/balance
disorder/nosebleeds, complete foggienss and instability. My symtpoms have
improved for sure but I am still quite sick. I also have digestive stuff. I
mean since going GF I have a lot less bloating and severe abdominal pain so
that has improved, but certainly not gone away. I don't ever have diahrea
or vomitting so i dont get that sort of reaction.

I have been feeling worse again lately, (dizziness and vertigo and spins)
and I dont know if it is related to gluten at all or it is just me having
my usual balance issues. I am not deficient in any vitamins/minerals/b-12
and so on so that is not it. The vertigo disorder has been severe for 6-7
years so i have done everything to try and treat it. Was almost wheelchair
bound one and a half years ago, now i am much better but still quite
afflicted. I guess I am asking HOW DO I KNOW OR IS T POSSIBLY EVER WORTH
TESTING GLUTEN to know what may or may not be going on? I really wonder day
in and day out if gluten is directly related to the balance disorder...or
just makes it worse? Obviously avoiding gluten has helped the balance
issues, but they are still pretty heavy at times. I want to know if there
are things I am eating that may bring on some reaction that affects the
balance, since I cant really tell what my reactions are....????

Ho hum, any advice? I have tried to be a little less anal about diet, I
mean actually eating occassionally at someones house or having something
really safe when I go out, but very rarely. I really NEED to know the
affect on the neuro system. Would u ever knowingly test gluten to find out?
It is not something I even want to consider, but i am so curious to know if
and when my dizziness is horrid, if I can ever related it back to anything.
Usually I cant.

Thanks so much
sorry this is so long winded...I just feel sort of more sick lately and it
prompted me to ask some questions.
red
baltimore