From:
Donna Hemingson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 07:13:07 -0500

Hi all- my last comment on the baked lays - I went to the store and lo and
behold they had all new stock.. I could not find the bags of baked lays
regular that I had looked at to get the batch number. On looking at the new
stock I did see that  the ingredient list and packaging was  differant. My
conclusions as many of you have pointed out here is that one MUST always
recheck ingredients, especially if we are in the habit of eating it
regularly. My first experience with the baked lays was a small 50 cent
package which I was eating off and on as a last minute grab while getting
gas-which appeared to be Ok when first bought but then while waiting for
the cashier I looked at the bag and saw "dusted with wheat flour to prevent
caking " or something like that- the last ingredient, but it wasn't there
before- so I had not bothered with them for a couple of years. So now (last
night at my P & C out here in the sticks) it just seems to have modified
food starch, that from another posting here, we can assume is not wheat
starch!?- I hope I am correct on this. Thank you for your patience with me-
we all have to learn in our own way and for those of us who are not so
sensitive instantly but are accumulating drastic effects- we need to be
armed with all the knowledge we have to keep ourselves healthy  --take care
Donna in Pa