From:
Diana J Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 23:10:46 -0500

I was diagnosed with Celiac just a year ago and still have problems. We
have 3 children and my oldest is 9 and only weighs 49 lbs which is under
the 5 % for weight he is about 50 in. He also has a discoloration that
starts I think in his scalp and works it's way down his neck around his
throat and behind the ears. It also will go onto his face like side burns
do. In the summer it gets darker. Regular soap won't get it off. No matter
how hard you scrub it will only get a portion of it off than it will
return. I have found mineral oil along with a tar based shampoo are the
most effective. But it still doesn't get it all off. It just keeps coming
back. I have also noticed that my son't BM's are very large and float on
top of the water. We plan to have all three of the children checked with a
blood test. All three of our children have developemental delays as well
with my oldest having dyslexia as well. Also All three are double jointed
and have hypotonia as well as signicant speech delays. Nolan was at 5% or
less for muscle tone and 50-75 % for fat on his arm muscles.

Does anyone else know what this might be or have information about celiac
in children. Thanks.

Diana at [log in to unmask]