Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2009 16:27:24 +0000

Hi -- I know this topic has been discussed before but I wanted to get the latest news.  My celiac son will be going to college fall 2010 and would like to live in a dorm for at least the first year or two.  He wants to be able to eat gluten free without having to make meals in his room or have a huge production made about it.  So far, we have heard good things from Michigan State and Colorado State.  Colorado State, for example, has one dining facility which provides gf waffles, cereals, breads, etc., gf bread is widely available and one dining hall has a gf line for all lunches and dinners.  We thought that sounded pretty ideal.  We aren't looking at places where he would have to just select the apparently gf foods off the regular steam table, because of issues with cross contamination in prep/serving.  Does anyone have a son or daughter in a college now who is able to eat gluten free confidently in a dorm situation?

Thanks for all your help,
Jeanne
(in Maryland, but we are looking everywhere at this point)