From:
Dave Gaviota <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Gaviota <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:29:32 -0700

Hi there,

I am not sure how many people are aware of this new test device- if anyone knows who is using it I'd like to know as I might be interested in getting it done myself.

There has been some media coverage of it a couple months ago but just ran across this article in Forbes Magazine so scanned it.  Basically it is a small pill with wide angle lens and camera inside and transmitter that captures 50,000 photos as it travels all the way through your intestines.  Images are stored on device attached to your waist or belt.

http://www.4001.com/celiac/pillcamera.jpg

If anyone has knowledge of it and the success of using it let me know.

Dave